Sunday 3 January 2016

As our house refurbishment slowly progresses, I have come to the conclusion that the kitchen will be the hub of the building for me. I have always been a keen cook and I have craved a place where I can cook and entertain in our own home. Fortunately for me, we managed to create this big open plan space which will compromise of kitchen/dining/living area at the back of the property and I have a few ideas on how a kitchen should work.

Firstly, our old kitchen only had about 4 cupboards as it was a tiny space which we managed with (just), so the most important thing for me was to create as much storage space as possible, allowing a minimal look with everything put away neatly (yeah right, try telling the hubby that!).

Secondly, I wanted a kitchen island. Yes, I know, this is very cliche and everyone is doing it these days, but I made damn sure that I was getting an island in there somewhere, even if it was a teeny tiny one! I think I'm looking forward to this part the most, especially as we get to store a wine chiller in the centre of it which makes me feel a bit more like a fully fledged adult :)

Thirdly, White. White, white and more white. The whole idea that a white kitchen can look really clinical and hospital-esque will be ignored by adding touches of grey throughout the whole area. I love the shaker style kitchens but I think it's great to mix up old and new styles, so I have tried to make it look more modern by adding in ceiling pendants and mod-cons such as a Range cooker and american style fridge freezer. All these little extras will hopefully make the space look warmer, without just having a harsh line of everything typically white and dull looking.

I will post progress photo's of the kitchen once we have the fitting scheduled so that my imagination can be unleashed on you all, and hopefully you can see what I mean. I adore all the photo's above of various kitchens and hope to replicate a similar style with ours. Let's just hope I can keep it clean and sparkly (Cleaner may be required!).

-XO
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© leanne marling. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig